Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Tribute to Zi On

I’ve known Zi for five months in Brisbane. I first met him at the life group which was on Friday 20 or 27 July 2007. We had a party called ‘Christmas in July’ because it was winter. At the first point I met him, I didn’t talk much to him. I just noticed that he was a new visitor who joined the party.

Next Friday we had a regular activity for the life group. I remembered that he came along with the bright smile whereas other new visitors from last week didn’t show up. I didn’t know that he was a Christian at that time, so I was impressed so much how enthusiastic he needed to know God. During the dinner we had a chat and he said that he was impressed with a warm and lively relationship we had in this group, so he decided to become a member of this group.

He consistently joined the life group. One thing I clearly remembered about him was during the bible discussion he always took notes for some interesting points so that he can ponder about it later. And he shared that he knew very little about God, so he would like to learn as much as he can. He amazed me a lot.

Indeed, I’ve not become close to him during the first two or three months. However, I met him sometimes in the university and had a chat. He always smiled and made me comfortable to talk to him. He was very good at making new friends. I used to share with him about how terrible my study was going, he then encouraged me to keep going on. He always encouraged me.

I also noticed that he was a very hard working student. Though he was worried about his study, he tried to smile and bring happiness to others all the time. He shared that he really wanted to get a part time job during the summer break though he had a few weeks left before departure.

I was glad to know that he would go to Moreton Island with us. We had a great time together there. I remembered that he had a bit burning sensation at his nose, so I made a joke to him that he forgot to apply sunscreen lotion on it. After lunch, we went swimming at a fresh water lake called ‘Blue Lagoon’. It was a very nice place to swim. I noticed that he was very happy to swim and have a great time.

I’m so grateful to know him and especially after I know him more from uncle and auntie. I thank God for his life that has left a great impact to my life. I’ve learnt to be humble from him. He easily makes people comfortable.

I’m not able to explain how sorrowful I am to lose him but I’m convinced that wherever he is now, God is taking care of him and that brings me comfort.

Uncle and auntie when you are reading this letter, please know that I’m really grateful to your life. You have set an example of what Christians should deal with the tough situation and you did it very well. I thank God for your life and pray that God’s comfort and peace will fill in your life and mind. Pray that your heavy burden will be lifted up and replaced by God’s love and joy.

Thank you so much for everything you have shared and done for me and Zi’s friends. All of us are so grateful to you.

May God bless you. I will pray for you and Zi Lu as well.

God’s grace be with you,

Chim (Mr.Katachai Laosrimongkol)
21 December 2007
Brisbane

No comments: