Monday, January 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Dearest Zi On,

Today would have been your 26th birthday.
The day you were born, you brought happiness and pride to all of us.
We are all so very happy and proud to have you in our lives.
Though your Earthly journey was short, you have touched many lives.

Remember the time we spent together in Melbourne?
Though short, I treasured every moment of it,
to have you and Ying with me for a year.
I was supposed to be your elder sister, to guide and protect you,
but instead, you guided and taught me.

In my worst moments, you were there.
You went looking for me but I was not ready to be found.
I needed that space and time to find my own path and strength.
And you understood, in that tender age of 18.
You taught me that it is okay to feel my emotions, no doubt incomprehensible at that time.
You did not pass any judgment.
You gave me time and space to find my own journey.
Your sentiments were so pure and sincere.
Your words of comfort and love were felt.

There is a saying, “To love for the sake of being loved is human, but to love for the sake of loving is angelic.”

And Zi On, you love for the sake of loving.

You taught us “Love is a better way”.
In your selfless act, you taught us what
love,
compassion,
strength,
courage and
bravery meant.

Zi On, you are a person who did not seek glory
and yet in your own ways
you have glorified many, touched many lives and
helped many become more fully who they were meant to be.

Though we missed you so very much,
You have also helped us understand that these painful moments in our lives are sacred.
I am privileged and honored that you are in my life.

Zi On, you are loved. You are missed.
You are indeed an Angelic Hero.

Thank you On, for your enlightenment.


Love always,

Euling Che Che
14 January 2008

No comments: