Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Zi On, Precious child of God

No tears are shed in heaven
and I know the reason why


Hi Cho and Kerk,

Just penned these words that came to mind and reflect and pray with you in your journey with Zi On...steve


It is a year since you went away
Without a word or smile
a hug or cuddle to lighten my day
Sorrow knows no end
without your presence near
And if only you weren't so far away
I'd hold you close like that first day!
You came into our lives when you were born
and now Zi On you've suddenly gone.

A year has passed and we are a year closer
to seeing each other in our eternal final home.
Knowing you are with God makes it much easier
Oh what comfort to know you're safe and sound.
Rejoicing with the children of heaven in song
with the righteous of Christ where you belong.
I think of you and it still makes me cry
I still long for you and God knows why
It's been a slow year coming this anniversary.

No tears are shed in heaven
and I know the reason why
All the tears are shed down here
and they're rather slow to dry
My arms are empty, my heart -
like a jigsaw has a piece missing
Only you Zi On can
prevent it from breaking.
The thought of you will live on with us
until that day we see you again
and rise into the presence of God
and there you will be patiently waiting
and gently wipe the tears from our eyes.

Then we will rejoice and say together
Hallelujah a million times that
death couldn't keep us asunder
And now we'll always be together -
in the everlasting presence of God
who all his children will soon gather
in Heaven to rejoice
though now I long to hear your voice
and touch you once more
though now I am content with the memory
of your love and the life we had together.
Zi On, Precious child of God -
whom we raised for God
to whom we willingly, humbly surrender.

Steve Oh
on the Anniversary of Zi On
5-12-2008

No comments: